These Terms and Conditions shall apply to the hire of The Beaverwood Club (“the Venue”) from The Beaverwood Club Ltd., a Private Limited Company registered in England under number 8830818, whose registered address is Onega House, 112 Main Road, Sidcup, Kent, DA14 6NE and whose main trading by customers who are hiring the Venue for private, non-commercial purposes.
- Your contract is with Beaverwood Club Ltd., The Beaverwood Club, Beaverwood Road, Chislehurst, Kent, BR7 6HF.
- In these terms, “Venue” means the Venue at the BEAVERWOOD where your function is agreed to be held.
- We appreciate that on occasions someone else (such as a parent), may wish to make payments due to us on your behalf. We are happy to accept such payments, but please note that unless we agree otherwise with you in writing you are legally responsible for any payments due to us.
Making your booking
- We may agree to you making a provisional booking with us, but this is not legally binding on either you or us unless, and until, a contract is entered into in accordance with paragraph 5.
- If, after receiving our quotation for your function, you want to make a booking with us, you should within 28 days of the date of our quotation return your signed booking form and pay the Venue hire charge. Payments can be made in cash, by cheque or by most credit/debit cards (credit cards will be charged a 2% handling fee for payments over £500). Please note that your deposit will not be refunded if you subsequently cancel a confirmed booking, as explained in paragraph 49 below. A contract is only formed between you and us when we accept your signed booking form and send our confirmation of booking letter/email to you. No booking application shall be binding on us and no contract shall be formed unless and until we send this confirmation. If we do not accept your booking application, we shall, of course return your deposit.
- The general content of your function shall be as set out in your quotation, or as otherwise subsequently agreed with us in writing. We may finalise certain details of your function (for example, the exact numbers of guests to be catered for, and the menu for meals) with you in the period leading up to your function, in accordance with these terms.
- Subject to paragraphs 8 to 9 inclusive, the price of your function hire shall be as set out in your quotation.
- If not all components of the price in the quotation are stated to be fixed (for example, because they depend on the number of guests to be catered for), the final price will be determined either in accordance with the quotation (for example, the charge “per head” for meals) or as otherwise agreed with us (for example, if there are any “extra” services not set out in the quotation which we subsequently agree at our discretion to provide to you).
- All prices are inclusive of VAT. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date the contract is formed between you and us and the date of your function, we will adjust the VAT you pay (and hence the overall price of your function), unless you have already paid for your function in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
Payment of balance
- Payment of balance must be made one month before the date of your function. Any function that remains unpaid for two weeks prior to the scheduled date will be deemed as cancelled and monies forfeited.
- You must confirm final catering numbers, including any special dietary requirements, no later than 28 days before your function so we are able to raise a final invoice. Subsequent increases in numbers will be invoiced separately. Please note, no refunds will be given for any decrease in numbers.
- It is your responsibility to advise us of any allergy requirements where we are asked to cut and serve a wedding or celebration cake to avoid any cross-contamination.
- You must provide us, by the dates we may reasonably request of you, with any other information we ask for (such as your final choice of menus) so that we may finalise the details of your function and/or its price.
14. Unless we agree otherwise, only food and drinks supplied by us may be consumed at your function. Should you wish to provide your own beverages, our standard corkage charges will apply.
- If you intend to pay a TAB with cash, this amount must be paid prior to the event. Alternatively, you may leave a card behind the bar to pay the TAB at the end of the event. This must be paid by the event organiser before leaving the premises.
- Please note that we are part of the Challenge 25 Scheme. Anyone who appears to be under 25 will be asked to produce proof of age when purchasing alcohol.
- Anyone purchasing or providing alcohol to an under-age guest will be asked to leave immediately.
- Please note that for any function booking, no admission to the Venue is permitted after 10 pm.
- You must comply with, and use your reasonable endeavours to ensure that your guests comply with, all our reasonable instructions intended to ensure the safety of property and/or people at the Venue.
20. You must provide your guests with such information we may reasonably request regarding arrangements to be followed at the Venue (for example, in relation to car parking or the storage of valuables).
- A refundable damage deposit of between £50 – £250, depending on the function, will be required and this will be refunded after the event in the case that no damage has been made. Any damage caused to the Venue, its equipment, contents or fittings will be charged for and deducted from the damage deposit.
- We reserve the right to stop any activity which we reasonably believe is likely to cause damage to the interior or exterior of the Venue or to risk the safety of people at the Venue, and we will not tolerate any abusive behaviour by guests to any other guests or member of staff. We reserve the right to remove any persons acting inappropriately from the event.
- If you include any images of the Venue on your invitations, you must ensure that you have the permission of the appropriate copyright holder.
- Details of third party suppliers we provide to you are intended to help you in arranging other services to be provided in connection with your function. If you do engage these or any other third party suppliers, we accept no responsibility for their performance of services and you should take up any complaints with them directly. You are also responsible for paying their charges directly. We reserve the right not to allow into the Venue any third party suppliers who do not meet our requirements intended to ensure the safety and welfare of property and people at the Venue.
- All guests must vacate The Beaverwood Club grounds within 30 minutes after the function finish time. As we are adjacent to a residential area, we politely ask that guests leave the premises quietly to respect our neighbours.
- Any items, including decorations, props and gifts brought on to the premises by you and/or your guests or third party suppliers and left overnight are left at your own risk. All items must be collected the next working day following the Event.
- Cars may be left in our car park overnight, but must be collected between 8 am – 10 am the following day. Please note that The Beaverwood Club will not accept responsibility for any damage, accidents or losses.
- Any lost property that is not claimed after one month will be disposed of.
Civil Marriage or Partnership Ceremonies at The Beaverwood
The Beaverwood Club is a marriage and civil partnership venue approved by the London Borough of Bromley and we operate in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Bromley Register Office.
- Bookings for a Civil Marriage or Partnership at The Beaverwood are on a provisional basis until confirmed by The Beaverwood and Bromley Register Office.
- Registrar’s fees for attendance at The Ceremony are paid direct to them and are not the responsibility of The Beaverwood Club.
- It will be your responsibility to comply with the legal requirements for your ceremony which will be notified to you by Bromley Register Office. These include giving notice of marriage or civil partnership, and the collection and delivery of the authority from another Register Office if necessary.
- The decision as to whether, because of inclement weather, a ceremony needs to be moved into a ceremony room inside the Venue may be made on the day by the registration staff after discussion with the couple and the Responsible Person at the Venue. The decision of the registration staff is final.
Health & Safety
- We have been advised that our maximum capacity is 350 standing (including staff), or 180 with tables and chairs.
- You may not at any time use candles or other naked flames inside the Venue.
- Fireworks, Chinese lanterns or lit paper lanterns, are not permitted anywhere in the Venue, grounds, or car park.
- Any, and all electrical equipment that you wish to use during the Event must be fully PAT tested. All such equipment must bear the appropriate labels and be accompanied by the appropriate certificates as proof of such testing and compliance. We shall have the right to remove, or request the removal of, any equipment not in compliance with that provision from the Venue.
- You may not at any time have gas cylinders in the Venue nor any other containers of substances which are noxious, corrosive, toxic, explosive or hazardous.
- We will make you aware of all fire exits and fire equipment prior to the start of the Hire Term. All fire exits and access must remain completely unobstructed. All signs for fire exits and equipment must remain prominent and visible. Fire equipment must not be moved from its present location unless being used for its intended purpose.
- Children must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult. Whilst the Beaverwood Club site is fenced, it is not a secure boundary. Please be aware of the open access of the grounds both from and to the surrounding area. Please also be aware that there are horses in the adjacent field which can cause injury.
- Extra stewarding staff are compulsory for large scale parties at a cost of £120 per steward (minimum of 2 stewards required).
- The Beaverwood Club operates a no smoking policy throughout the venue this includes e-cigarettes and vaping. Smoking is permitted outside the venue.
- Except where it is permitted under the provisions of the Hypnotism Act 1952 you may not permit any hypnosis to take place during the Event.
- We cannot be held responsible for injuries caused by taking part in outside activities or games, including; inflatable assault courses, bouncy castles, climbing frames, slides, that have been brought in, or organised by third parties.
- The use of unmanned aerial vehicles or drones/drone photography anywhere on the premises is forbidden.
- We cannot be held responsible for the special dietary requirement/allergy information for food or occasion cakes supplied by outside companies or caterers.
- We accept no responsibility for assembling wedding/occasion cakes and we accept no liability for cakes that are damaged during display at your wedding/event.
Cancellation by you
- If you want to cancel a confirmed booking, you must do so in writing and the provisions in paragraph 48. shall apply.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to “re-sell” the date. However, you must pay us any losses and costs we suffer because of the cancellation which were reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into, whether or not we are able to resell the date. Depending on when you cancel, the cancellation charges you must pay shall be determined by reference to the table below. We will tell you the exact cancellation charges once we know whether or not we have been able to resell the date, and you must pay the charges within 20 working days of our invoice. Where the final price has yet to be finalised (for example, because you have not yet confirmed catering numbers), we shall base the cancellation charges on any minimum numbers set out in our quotation.
|Cancel after booking||Venue cost/deposit is non refundable|
|Cancel within 9 months of booking||50% of the function price||Non refundable|
|Cancel within 6 months of booking||75% of the function price||Non refundable|
|3 months prior to booking||100% of the function price||Non refundable|
Cancellation by us
- We reserve the right to cancel your booking without liability to you and without any obligation to refund your deposit if:
(a) you do not pay us the balance of your function price by the date due for such payment; or
(b) we have reasonable grounds to believe that you may not pay us the balance of your function price by the due date and we have requested you to explain the position and you have not done so satisfactorily; or
(c) we discover, before you have paid the balance of your function, that you have deliberately concealed information, or deliberately given us incorrect information, about your intended function in circumstances where (if you had not done so) it would have been reasonably foreseeable that we would not have accepted your booking; or
(d) we have reasonable grounds to believe that your behaviour or that of your guests at the function is likely to result in damage to the Venue or to our property and/or injury to people.
- If we cancel your booking under paragraph 49, you must pay us any losses and costs we suffer because of the cancellation which were reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into, whether or not we are able to resell the date. Depending on when we cancel, the cancellation charges you must pay will be determined by reference to the table set out under paragraph 48 above.
Events outside our control
- Except as set out in this paragraph 51, we shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under our contract with you that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (such as serious damage to the Venue, serious adverse weather conditions, a pandemic or epidemic, or interruption or failure of utility services such as electric power, gas or water). In these circumstances, we shall use every effort to notify you as soon as is reasonably practical. If, as a result of such events, we believe we have no alternative but to cancel your booking, we shall use reasonable endeavours to help you find an alternative venue of a similar standard for a similar price but our sole liability to you shall be to refund you any money you have paid towards your function.
Limitation of our liability to you
- Subject to paragraph 53, our total liability to you for any loss you suffer will be limited to the total amount of money payable to us for your function. We will not be liable for any losses which were not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into or for any losses that were not caused by any breach of contract or breach of statutory duty or negligence on our part.
- Nothing in these terms excludes or limits in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or limit (or attempt to exclude or limit) our liability.
Changes to the Venue and/or your function
- We reserve the right to make changes to the interior and/or exterior of the Venue between the time we accept your booking and the date of your function. For example, we may make changes to the décor and colour schemes of function rooms, and we cannot guarantee that the Venue and its surrounds will be free from additional structures (such as marquees or scaffolding).
- If you wish to complain about any aspect of your dealings with Us, including, but not limited to, these Terms and Conditions, the Contract, or the Venue Hire, please contact Us in one of the following ways:
In writing, addressed to Mr C. Johnson, The Beaverwood Club, Beaverwood Road, Chislehurst, Kent, BR7 6HF.
By email, addressed to email@example.com
Or by telephone: 0208 300 1385.
How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
- All personal information that We may collect (including, but not limited to, your name and address) will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and your rights under that Act.
We may use your personal information to:
Provide Our services to you.
Process your payment for the Venue Hire.
Inform you of new products and services available from Us. You may request that We stop sending you this information at any time.
In certain circumstances (if, for example, you wish to pay for the Venue Hire on credit), and with your consent, we may pass your personal information on to credit reference agencies. These agencies are also bound by the Data Protection Act 1998 and should use and hold your personal information accordingly.
We will not pass on your personal information to any other third parties without first obtaining your express permission.
- If only one person is making the function booking, that person confirms that s/he has the authority to make the booking on behalf of the persons for whom the function is intended. Our contract will therefore be with all such persons.
- Any error or omission in any information or document issued by us shall be subject to correction provided that the correction does not materially affect the contract.
- You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under our contract with you to another person without our prior written consent, which we will not withhold unreasonably. We can transfer all or any of our rights and obligations under the contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights under these terms.
- If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- No person who is not a party to our contract with you shall have any rights under or in connection with it.
- All written communications by you to us must be sent by first class post to: The Management, The Beaverwood Club, Chislehurst, Kent, BR7 6HF, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org (or to such other address that we may notify to you). We may send written communications to you at either the email or postal address set out in our quotation.
- We regret that, other than guide dogs, hearing dogs and other assistance dogs, no pets or other animals are allowed in the Venue or any of our other premises.
- These terms shall be governed by English law and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.